View Profile D3vilsheep

24 Movie Reviews

Hey.

Great work. Red guns, lol.

Miccool responds:

Inspired by you, haha

Nice smooth animation but a fizzled concept.

Good art and animation as always but I think you ran out of ideas this time around. I love your previous works so I know you will redeem yourself eventually. Excellent voice work, as always.

You live!

Great stuff. The music was excellent and flowed with your graphics beautifully. Thanks for this.

2 Game Reviews

Wow.

I love that you have ported these games to Flash. This and OutZone are a great combination of old shmups. Keep it up.

Wow.

I'm a huge fan of the Raiden games. All of them. Without a doubt, this is the best Flash shmup I have ever played. That either means I haven't played a lot of internet shumps, or that you can make a damn good game out of a classic.

Minor issues. I beat the game without dying once, achieving a score of 4957450, which isn't that bad for a die-hard shmup fan as myself. So in my opinion, the game is fairly easy. That does not take away from the fun factor though. I loved every second of it. I felt like I was back in the arcades dumping quarters into the Raiden machines as they sucked away my life. Awesome effects and art as well as music; helped put that shmup nostalgia back into me.

Thank you so much for this Flash game, it is the best I have played in years.

17 Audio Reviews

This is pretty nice. The build and release at 2:30 is definitely the highlight. I get some slight Vaughan Williams vibes from your strings starting at 1:37. I think you could have brought back the chimes at some point. Great work overall, I'll be following now.

Columbers responds:

Thanks for reviewing, glad you liked it! Sorry about the chimes, they weren't very important because they were mainly there to avoid getting bored; most people don't have the patience to listen to lots of long chords without any kind of melodic stuff going on.

This is dope. Crisp highs, deep lows, conservative but effective sampling. Keep it up man.

You have a good ear for phrasing -- the tension builds and culminates into a flowing and adventurous melody -- I really like the progression from the piano, to the flute, to the heroic brass fanfare. The snare rhythm throughout has a great syncopation to it, and the combination of the chimes with the marching element does indeed bring back memories of old RPG's. I really enjoyed the layering of the brass over the woodwind melody, and the end is well constructed. Be careful about your attacks -- 1:13 is where you can hear the brass attack/release getting abruptly severed. There are other parts where this happens but I think the main culprit is the brass sample itself -- so really I have no real critique for your composition other than a few shortcomings in your software.

Great work overall. I'm impressed you continued even after losing half of the project -- so I commend you for pulling through. Keep it up.

stunkel responds:

Thank you for such a lengthy review! And I do really need some better software instruments -_- I'm glad you got that adventurous feel that I was going for! (SUCCESS ^_^) And the RPG comment you made is great too, I was trying to make it very video gamey. People said final fantasy I think? I have never played those games before... but based on how popular they are, I will take that as a compliment :D And I'm glad you liked the layering of the brass :D Really appreciate everything you mentioned... And yeah the brass software instruments really sucks. I noticed that, but I can't figure out how to fix it! And you are definitely right, it is most likely the sample.

And yeah I was really really annoyed when I lost the project DX I was worried that I was going to go into a phase where I just didn't want to make music for a while, but I just tried to push through it. Thanks again for the awesome review! :D

1 Art Review